Happy Valentines Day!
The Country & The City
This week the country (Old Miakka Farmers Market) is coming to the city (Central Sarasota Farmers Market). We are excited to host 8 vendors from the Old Miakka Farmers Market along with all of our regular, weekly vendors. Among others, we will have the Miakka Market organizer Glenna with her GOATS!! That’s right, we’ll have goats at the market and we’ll have Mr. Darcy the turkey. Mr. Darcy is a part of the Old Miakka Market family and will be hanging around this Saturday.
- Yolkers Wilde Dairy Goats: Raw Milk, Chevre in many flavors, feta, yogurt, ricotta, Cajeta.
- Treasurers by Janie: Unique and re-purposed items, and Janie will also offer face painting for the kids!
- Natasha’s Produce: Local grower using no pesticides. Greens in season and unique tropical fruit and fruit trees available.
- Shady J Kitchen: Homemade jams and jellies using locally sourced fruits when available. Flavors: Strawberry, Guava, Satrfruit, Beauty Berry and many more. Also wooden pictures frames and bird houses using re-purposed wood.
- Sweetpea’s County Creations: Ceramics and hand-painted signs
- Sole Mio Art of Body: Handcrafted soaps and body scrubs with wonderful scents and creative packaging for gifts.
- Lilla Rose hair clip designs: Unique hair clips for long hair. Also available are raw cows milk and milk products.
- Freida’s Sewing Creations: Hand crafted towels, hot pads, microwave bags, aprons, Raggedy Ann Dolls, Country themed dolls.
The Cheesecake Will Be Televised
While you’re at the market stop by and talk to our sweet celebrity Lisa Glenn who just appeared on the Suncoast View on Wednesday. She was highlighted and interviewed by Judi Gallagher, local chef and famous foodie. We are so proud of Lisa and John having built their Cheesecake Me business from the ground up. Congratulations guys!